Today's episode is all about Generation Study Abroad - the students who comprise this generation, the initiative conceived by the folks over at IIE, and defining what quality in study abroad really means. We also try to answer the big question: Are we winning at creating Generation Study Abroad and doubling the number of students who study abroad each year?
I'm chatting with Wagaye Johannes, program director of the Generation Study Abroad initiative at IIE. Wagaye's career has evolved over the past 15 years and touched on areas of global program management with a focus on leadership development, social entrepreneurship, cross-cultural exchange, and international affairs.
This is the perfect episode for anyone who's not sure what Generation Study Abroad is or who is curious about what you can do to help double study abroad participation.
ABOUT OUR SPONSOR
As you may know, Terra Dotta is a leading software company serving the international education field providing flexible, web-based enrollment, processing, and application management software solution that streamline everything for both students and administrators. Sounds like magic right? Head over to TerraDotta.com to learn how you can join over 500 universities using their solutions for your office.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- We talk about how the Generation Study Abroad initiative got started
- The benchmarks IIE set to help reach the moonshot goal
- How we define "quality" programs abroad
- Who gets to be called a "study abroad alumni"
- Where we are now in terms of reaching that 600k moonshot goal
- The best strategies for doubling study abroad participation as well as the biggest barriers and hurdles for organizations.
RELAUNCH WITH ME NEXT WEEK!
Join me and 20+ other global professionals during the Small Planet Studio online Relaunch Retreat. Learn how to reflect on your time abroad, figure out the next steps, and leverage it for a global career and life you love.