This week I’m bringing you an interview I did a couple of years ago with Brandon Lee, the CEO and co-founder of Terra Dotta. I first heard Brandon’s story during a chat at CIEE in Shanghai and knew I had to share his journey with the rest of the IE community.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- What random event introduced this small town Wisconsin guy to big wide world
- Why Brandon chose France/French as his focus
- How Brandon and Garrett found themselves in the tech/software industry
- What the heck is philology?
- The BIG moment and opportunity that became the launch of Terra Dotta
- Brandon’s tips for small, one-person offices
- Why Terra Dotta started their notorious conference karaoke events
- Why Brandon received death threats a few years into the business
- What TD looks for in new employees