Today, I'm talking with Rich Kurtzman, the Director of Barcelona Study Abroad Experience, a boutique study abroad program based in the heart of one of the most vibrant cities in Europe. Rich is an extremely fun and intelligent guy and one of my favorite things about him is his ability to deliver an epic rendition of Baby Got Back (wow, I wish I had video of that!) and also have a deep conversation about politics and government spending. Classic renaissance man! It's Wednesday, but we're going to pretend it's #ThrowbackThursday. If I'm going for full-disclosure here, clearly this video was filmed a "little while ago." I won't say how long, but I will say a HUGE thank you to Rich for being so patient and waiting for his big debut on Inside Study Abroad! And this may also go down as my most awkard video ever. Dios mio! I guess you can't win them all.
Enjoy my chat with Rich!
In our interview we talk about:
- Rich's undergrad studies and experience studying abroad in Russia through Illinois Weslyan University
- How to compare program providers and figure out what's the best fit for you
- Tactics for engaging with the local culture even when you don't speak the language
- Language disconnects that become hilarious stories
- Getting ROI from study abroad
- And so much more!
Thanks for spending some time with me next to a really loud fountain in Barcelona, Rich! ;)
What did you think? Any thoughts on this interview? Disagree? Agree? Comments about study abroad in Spain? Let us know in the comments below! We love a great discussion. And if you liked this interview, please like and share with your friends.
Keep rocking it, study abroad lovers! And get after that global life!